Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) are all the rage, though both systems are merely new approaches to age-old marketing principles that successful companies have always benefited from.
Wikipedia defines SEO as the process of:
…improving the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from
search engines via ‘natural’ (‘organic’ or ‘algorithmic’) search results.
On the other hand, SEM includes a broader online marketing approach that includes paid placements.
Many companies claim they offer SEO as one of their premerie services.
We do too.
But FSI take is a step further and applies its wide and varied marketing experience to current web and SEO/SEM standards. We apply the following basic principles to help build a successful site:
- Positioning – Analyzing your target audience and competition to best position your site with the equivalent of a
“unique selling proposition”. This includes:
- Analyze the competition, finding their strengths and also gaps/opportunities your site can provide.
- Optimizing website content and structure to differentiate your site from the competition
- Conducting a key-word analysis to see how prospects are searching for similar products/services
- Findability – It doesn’t matter how good your site is if prospects can’t find it:
- Making sure search engines know where to find your site.
- Building inbound links to your site to increase your site’s search ranking and generate more traffic.
- Attracting local traffic to your site through free and paid sources
- “Stickiness” – You can rank #1 everywhere and drive thousands of visitors to your site, but if it is poorly written, and lacks a compelling message or “call to action”, people will “slip away” as quickly as they arrived. We have professional writing experience, so that your site isn’t a
mish-mash of key words and phrases, but tells a cohesive and compelling story.