FSI has more than twenty years of experience in database applications and custom reporting for large and small corporations.
We have developed a specialized approach as an alternative to expensive Business Intelligence (BI) software such as Business Objects or Cognos. Our solution will leverage your existing software investment in a DBMS and Microsoft Office, and build an automated reporting system that will serve decision support and operations. Time and time again we have seen expensive Business Intelligence solutions go underutilized when management and operations just want the reports in highly formatted (filtered, fixed, colorized, etc.) Excel files.
We have specific knowledge with market research and customer data, particularly in the financial sector.
We have many thousand lines of code in SQL and Visual Basic (for applications) to automate repetitive processes in Excel, Access and PowerPoint. We have built solutions for large systems utilizing server-based procedures to do the heavy lifting and Visual Basic (VBA) to deliver beautifully formatted, custom reports. An entire reporting system can be scheduled to serve hundreds of reports to multiple internal clients. This is Business Intelligence that will actually be used at a fraction of the cost.
- Automating PowerPointPopulating data-rich PowerPoint presentations (Phoenix Healthcare).
- Daily MakeoverAutomating web analytics using Excel VBA
- Migrating Survey Panel DataDatabase migration of panel data (MediaMark Research Inc.).
- Automating “Rogue” ReportsAutomating complex Excel reports using corporate data (JP Morgan Chase).
- TNG ResearchMedia research and database development